Are you wondering how to find a job in Australia from Bangladesh ?
For Bangladeshi professionals, Australia is one of the best destinations in the world to migrate and find work. The quality of life and work opportunities in cities like Sydney or Melbourne are absolutely great. But there is so much information about immigration to Australia that it’s sometimes difficult for Bangladeshis to know what is fact or fiction.
Many Bangladeshi professionals manage to find amazing jobs in Australia, and in this article, we would like to explain how you can maybe do it too.
Australia’s Skilled Migration program is a popular Australian points based visa program, which allows foreign professionals working in occupations in demand to live and work in Australia. The most popular visa is the Australian 457 visa, and Bangladeshis and other foreigners must meet very specific criteria to apply for it.
- You must provide your passport or birth certificate to prove your identity
- You must be under the age of 45 at the time of your application
- You must prove that you have the skills required for the occupation in demand. It’s necessary to have post–secondary qualifications and a relevant assessing authority must assess your skills. Also, be ready to provide documents such as certificates, diplomas, resumes, references or professional memberships. VETASSESS can assess your skills to help you migrate to Australia.
- You must nominate a skilled occupation that corresponds to your skills and competencies. Your nominated occupation must be listed on the following governmental web page: Skilled Occupation List.
- A visa application that is submitted under Australia’s skilled migration program is subject to a points test. The period of work experience required to get points depends on the nominated occupation.
- Bangladeshi nationals must prove that they meet the English proficiency skills required in Australia via the IELTS assessment.
- You must show that you are of good character in your 457 visa application by filling the relevant form to meet the penal clearance requirements.
- To get the 457 visa, you may also have to get a health assessment unless you have special circumstances. You also need a certificate saying that you have health insurance cover.
Should Bangladeshis use a migration agent to live and work in Australia?
It’s not necessary to use a migration agent but you can do it if you want.
A migration agent can:
- Let you know what’s the most appropriate visa for you
- Fill your visa application forms
- Prepare extra documentation for your applications
- Submit your applications and deal with the relevant government agencies for you
- Explain complicated immigration matters and advise you
It is important to note that using an agent or lawyer for visa applications will not influence the outcome of applications or speed up the process.
Be very careful though, as there are dishonest migration agents who prey on Bangladeshi professionals. They promise they will help you migrate to Australia and find you a job, and then they disappear with all your money… Lots of Bangladeshis have lost their money, time, hopes and self confidence because of these scammers. Don’t pay a migration agent if you have any doubts about them.
How to find the right migration agent
Australian migration agents must be registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA) to provide immigration services.
You can find registered migration agents on these websites (if a migration agent isn’t there, don’t work with them!) :
If you want to hire a Bangladeshi migration agent, they must be registered with MARA or meet Bangladeshi laws and registration requirements. If you check these things, you won’t be the victim of scammers.
Usually, the client and agent agree on a price, but check the MARA website beforehand to know the average fees charged by registered migration agents.
Migration agents must:
- Be professional, help you in a timely manner and know migration laws
- Explain in a clear manner all costs involved
- Keep you informed on your visa application and progress
- Keep all your information confidential
- Follow the migration agents’ Code of Conduct.
If a migration agent is registered, he won’t have the opportunity to cheat you. Again, I can’t stress enough that Bangladeshi professionals who want to work in Australia must be very careful when they pay for a migration service.
How much does it cost to migrate to Australia?
The costs involved in submitting a Visa Application usually include the following, in Australian Dollars:
-Department of Immigration (DIAC) Visa Application Charge: $ 3,060 (for Permanent Residence Visas)
$ 1700.00 for a secondary applicant, $ 800.00 for a third applicant.
-Skills Assessment Application Fee: from $ 300 to $ 1,050 for most occupations
-IELTS English test: $ 310
-Medical Examination: from $ 254 to $ 303
-Police Clearance Certificate Fee: on average $ 20
-Translations and Document Certification Charges: up to $ 500
As you can see, applying for an Australian skilled immigration visa is a big financial investment. But if you can make it, you’ll be rewarded with an incredible quality of life in Australia and a job with a great salary!
Bangladesh MBBS to migrate to Australia
There is a shortage of doctors in Australia, especially in regional areas, so having a degree from a renowned Bangladeshi medical college can help you get a job there. But first, you should ensure your qualifications are recognized in Australia. Visit this website for more information:
*Please note the tips included in this article are for your information only. The Australian visa rules and processes described here can change at any time, and we can’t be held responsible if these changes affect your application.*